Monday, May 10, 2010
- Spring mix lettuce
- Fresh blackberries, rinsed
- Green onions, chopped
- Walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Raspberry balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
Toast the walnuts over medium heat. In a bowl toss together the first four ingredients. In a smaller bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. (Or you could use a store bought raspberry dressing) Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving and toss.
Popcorn Maker many of my friends have run out to buy one. It's addicting. There is a trick though, you have to use the white popcorn kernels. So good!!!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
etsy page. However, I have been wanting to make a yo yo necklace for a while now, and just now got around to it! I've seen some around in stores and online, but wasn't sure quite how to put one together. I found a tutorial here by Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky! Now that I have made one, I would love to make more. We'll see when I get around to it...
Friday, May 7, 2010
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (or lime)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoon catsup
- 1 clove fresh minced garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh turkey breast skinned, boned, and cut into 1 1/2 x 1" pieces (I have also used Chicken in place of the turkey)
- Bell peppers (red, green, and yellow)
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes
In a medium bowl combine all the marinade ingredients. Stir in turkey pieces. Cover, and refridgerate for 3 to 4 hours. Drain and reserve the marinade.
Assemble the kabobs- turkey on skewers and vegetables on separate skewers. Brush kabobs with marinade and grill for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.