Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Land of Nod's site. The top three pictures are some of their boy bedding items. I am leaning towards doing Hudson's room in a music theme since he really loves music, dancing, drums, and guitars. I really love the colors used in these pictures and would like to include some of these color combos in his new room. Alexis spotted these guitar hooks for me at bed bath and beyond for $19.99 for the set of 3.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Thursday, July 1, 2010
I have not made these yet, but have heard that they are delicious! What's not to love? Toffee, chocolate, nuts...yumm!
- 13 graham crackers
- 1 bag (8 ounces) toffee bits
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped toasted natural almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (4 ounces) bittersweet chocolate, chopped, or chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place graham crackers in a single layer on sheet, edges touching. Sprinkle toffee bits and almonds over graham crackers.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and butter to a boil over medium-high. Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer, swirling pan occasionally, until mixture is syrupy, 2 minutes. Immediately pour over graham crackers. Bake until sugar topping is bubbling, 12 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate and salt over graham crackers. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut into 2-inch squares. Let cool completely on sheet on a wire rack. (Store in an airtight container, up to 1 week.)
- Recipe from Everyday Food Magazine, May 2010