Friday, October 30, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
I went shopping this morning at Trader Joe's. I love that store; I would shop there all the time if there was one a little closer to our house. I have a lot of favorites that I like to buy there but today I discovered a new one! Casey and I both love the cilantro jalapeno hummus at Pita Jungle and I found some at Trader Joe's and it is good! I bought some flat bread to eat it with. Hudson loves hummus too, which is great because it is a good healthy snack. If you like hummus you'll have to try this one out. I believe it costs just under $3.00. And if you have any favorite things from Trader Joe's please let me know, I always love to try new things there!
Saturday, October 24, 2009
In a blender combine 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup ice, 1/2 cup plain low-fat regular yogurt or Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons soy milk, 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice, a handful of spinach leaves, and 1 tablespoon of honey. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed. Serve immediately. Serves 1.
Recipe from everyday food magazine: November 2009 issue
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Domestic Bliss is hosting their annual event on November 6th from 6 to 10pm. Lots to see and lots of cute things to buy! If you've never been to Domestic Bliss, it is a boutique located in downtown Mesa on Main Street and Robson. They have so much cute stuff, very similar style to Anthropologie, you have to check it out! They sell home furnishings and decor, clothing, jewelry, baby and kids items, and they have an awesome selection of fabrics (including Heather Bailey and Amy Butler).
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
This Slatkin & Co pumpkin patch candle is awesome! My sister bought it for me and I love it. I hate when you buy a candle hoping it will make your house smell good but it doesn't smell good when you burn it. This one is not like that! It makes your whole house smell like you've been baking pumpkin pies all day! You can find it at Bath & Body Works.
Monday, October 19, 2009
I made these last year for Halloween and they are good, but very sweet!
Friday, October 16, 2009
I love oatmeal cookies and these are soo good, loaded with lots of extras!
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 oz. dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour. Stir in rolled oats, flax seed meal, wheat germ, chocolate, cranberries, and walnuts (dough will be a little crumbly).
2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool. Makes about 30 cookies.
Recipe found at BHG.com
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Okay, I am hooked! I love the Starbucks oatmeal. It comes with three different toppings: brown sugar, a variety of nuts, and fruit (cranberries, raisins, ect.) I have always loved oatmeal so now I am constantly craving the Starbucks oatmeal in the mornings. You've got to try it!
Monday, October 5, 2009
We made these for breakfast this weekend, and they turned out great! Very light and fluffy, but also a very decadent breakfast! Especially if you make them with the toppings.