- 16 oz fettuccine
- 1 cup of Pesto (recipe link below; or you can use a store bought pesto)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bundle of aparagus, tops cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Bring a large pot of water to boil and add the fettuccine, cook until tender. Drain the pasta and toss with the pesto. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan and add the first 5 vegetables. Saute until tender. Add the tomatoes and olives, stirring to heat through. Toss the vegetable mixture with the pesto fettuccine and then top with the toasted pine nuts and feta cheese. Serve warm.
Casey and I had this pasta dish at a restaurant in La Jolla, and I decided to recreate it at home. It is a really easy recipe to make and can serve 6 to 8 people. You could even toss chicken into the pasta as well.