- 16 oz jar of marinara sauce or 2 cups of homemade marinara sauce.
- 1 lb of ground beef or turkey
- 36 wonton wrappers (find in the produce section of the grocery store, in the refrigerated section)
- 8-12 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Basil, for garnish (optional)
2. Brown your ground beef or turkey over medium high heat until browned. Add Salt and Pepper.
3. Cut wonton wrappers with a drinking glass or round cookie cutter.
4. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. First place a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, Ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese on top. Then top with some meat and marinara sauce. You can add the ingredients to your taste. I added about 1-2 teaspoons of the cheeses and about 1-2 tablespoons of the meat and sauce for each layer.
5. Repeat step 4 and once you end with the marinara sauce you will add more Parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top of each cupcake.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tins. Run a knife along the edges to loosen.
8. Garnish with basil and serve.