Thursday, August 29, 2013
Summer Orzo Salad
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 4 carrots, grated
- 2 small cucumbers, chopped
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3.5 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 2 avocados, diced
Cook the orzo according to the package directions. Drain and let cool. Toss the grated carrots, cucumbers, beans, onion, cilantro, and parsley in a large bowl with the orzo pasta. Pour the dressing over and toss. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight. Before serving toss the avocado and feta into the pasta salad.
1/2 cup olive oil
3 lemons, juiced
1 lime, juiced
2 garlic cloves, diced
Salt and pepper
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
Recipe slightly modified from My Colombian Recipes.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds yammy! I'll bookmark this for trying later on. There's always use for another good summer salad recipe!ReplyDelete