This recipe is a really easy one to mix up last minute and tastes great. It can be served warm or once it has cooled.
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1 large can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella (cut in 1/2" pieces)
Cook Pasta as directed. Drain tomatoes. Mix next 5 ingredients in a measuring cup. Drain pasta. In a large bowl toss pasta with tomatoes and dressing. Add cheeses and toss again.