It's time for some Spring cleaning, and here are three all natural products that can be used to clean your home. Vinegar, lemons, and baking soda can all be used as natural cleaning products.
- These products are safer to use and do not contain added chemicals that are dangerous to you family's health.
- They can save you money. The cost of white vinegar, lemons, and baking soda are all very cheap.
- Each product has several different ways that it can be used to clean your home.
- Better for the environment!
Vinegar can be used like an all-purpose cleaner. Mix up a solution of 1 part water to 1 part vinegar in a spray bottle and you have a solution that will clean most of your home. Vinegar is also a disinfectant and deodorizer. It is safe to use on most surfaces, however if not diluted enough vinegar can eat away at tile grout. Vinegar should not be used on marble surfaces. You can use vinegar in some of these rooms of your home:
- Bathroom - Clean the bathtub, toilet, sink, and counter tops. Use pure vinegar in the toilet bowl to get rid of rings. Mop the floor in the bathroom with a vinegar/water solution.
- Kitchen- Clean the stove top, appliances, counter tops, and floor.
- Laundry Room- Vinegar can be used as a natural fabric softener. Add ½ cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle in place of store bought fabric softener. Vinegar has the added benefit of breaking down laundry detergent more effectively.
Lemon juice can be used to dissolve soap scum and hard water deposits. A lemon can also be used to clean and shine brass and copper. By mixing lemon juice with vinegar and or baking soda you can create cleaning pastes. You can also cut a lemon in half and place baking soda on the cut section, then use the lemon to scrub dishes, surfaces, and stains. If you mix 1 cup of olive oil with ½ cup of lemon juice and you can create a furniture polish for your hardwood furniture. Another great idea for a lemon is to put a lemon peel through the garbage disposal. It will freshen the drain and the kitchen.
Uses:Baking soda can be used to scrub surfaces. Baking soda is a great deodorizer. Its most popular use is in the refrigerator and freezer to absorb odors. However, you can place it anywhere you need deodorizing action. One idea is to use it on your child's stuffed animals that can't be washed and need some cleaning. Dust the stuffed animal with baking soda, let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then dust off the baking soda.