Makes 24 cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Divide dough into 24 portions, about 1 heaping tablespoon each. Roll each piece between your hands to form a smooth ball. Place dough balls, 1 inch apart, on two ungreased baking sheets. Using a fork, press on dough in two directions to form a crosshatch pattern.
- Bake cookies until puffed and lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cookies cool on sheets. (To store, keep cookies in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 3 days.)
Recipe is from the Everyday Food Magazine, March 2010 issue by Emeril Lagasse
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you!