Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ikea Spice Racks Now Bookshelves

 I have been wanting to create Hudson some bookshelves for a while now. I considered making him some from a rain gutter like I had seen on Pinterest. However, I needed smaller shelves to fit in his room and this seemed like the easier option. These are Ikea spice racks that cost only $3.99 a piece. They come unpainted which allows you to customize them whatever color you'd like. I made Hudson a reading and music corner in his room. He loves sitting is his little orange chair and looking at his books!


The shelves come unpainted and in 4 pieces.
Pick your paint color and paint the pieces and let dry before assembling.
They are really simple to put together. Now you just need to mount them onto the wall.
Linking up HERE!

7 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea! Hudson is a cute name! I have a party going on over at my blog if you want to join! I'd love to have you! Check it out under the "Stache Party" page on my blog: mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I think I need to make a trip to Ikea SOON! Love this. :) Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog. Hope to see you there. {I’m a new follower, too.} Cute blog!

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me smile. Thanks for inspiring me and many others. Really appreciate that you linked up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these shelves. What a great idea! I'd love for you to link this to my linky party this week.

    blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely idea and super nice orange shelves! I have posted a link on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this idea! I definitely want to make a little reading corner for my girls.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!