Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Salmon with Cucumber Pineapple Salsa


I typically make a mango salsa with salmon, however tonight i had fresh pineapple on hand, so I decided to try something new. I adapted this recipe from one of Martha Stewart's here. Her original recipe looks really good, however I did not have all of the ingredients. I'm also trying to stay away from anything spicy in my diet while breastfeeding and her recipe called for a jalapeno. I added some spice to the salmon instead, using Emeril Lagasse's Essence seasoning. It's easier to control the spiciness this way. 

Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 cucumbers, finely diced
  • 1 cup fresh pineapple, finely diced
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • Salt and pepper
  • 3-4 salmon fillets
  • Olive oil
  • Essence seasoning
Directions:
In a bowl whisk together the lime juice, honey, and vegetable oil. Add the cucumber, pineapple, and green onion. Stir together and season with salt and pepper.
Place salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with the essence seasoning. Broil the salmon in the oven for about 12-15 minutes. Serve over rice or quinoa and top with the salsa. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!