Friday, February 3, 2012

Homemade Bubble Valentine


Here is a kids valentine idea that is something other than candy. A bottle of bubbles (can be store bought or homemade) with a homemade heart bubble wand. The bubble wand I made from a pipe cleaner and a paper straw. It's amazing the things you begin to use paper straws for when you look at them everyday! If you are looking for paper straws you can find some in my shop HERE. I also have four different printables available below.


 You can use store bought bottles of bubbles or fill small plastic jars with homemade bubbles. I colored my bubbles with food coloring. Just add a drop of food coloring, tighten the lid, and shake. You can find the "BUBBLES" label below, along with three labels options for the tops of the jars.

 To make the Valentine's you will need the following:
  • Bubbles in jars
  • Labels printed on sticker paper
  • Pipe cleaners
  • Paper straws
  • Baker's Twine
  • Scotch tape
  • Scissors
 First cut your pipe cleaners and paper straws in half. You can make two wands from one of each.

 Next bend the one end of the pipe cleaner around to make a circle and wrap end around pipe cleaner to hold in place. Then bend the pipe cleaner to create a heart shape.

 
 Then push the pipe cleaner into the paper straw.

 Use a small piece of tape to hold the bubble wand to the back of the bubble jar. Then tie with twine. I tested these out with Hudson and the paper straw does start to come apart after sitting in the bubbles for a while. But I think it adds a cute touch to the bubble want. You could make these without the straws too, and you can make small little bubbles by just dipping the end of the straw in the bubbles. 
I also made some bigger wands by not cutting the straws and pipe cleaners in half.





 Linking up HERE!

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love it. I hope you will link this up to my I Heart Projects Party if you haven't already. Beautiful blog too!

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/92196103/reserved-listing-for-aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kid doesn't like bubbles! Love this idea, pinned for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you on Tater Tots and Jello. Would you please be willing to share this fabulous post with my readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays_10.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!