This is a really good pasta salad that has a different spin on it then most. It is really refreshing for the summer, with fresh pineapple and an orange juice based dressing. The recipe is from an old cook book of my Mom's; Purple Sage.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed sweet basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into bite size pieces.
- 1/2 pound bow tie pasta, cooked
- 2 naval oranges, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne cut
- 1-2 carrots, julienne cut
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3-4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup cashews
In a small bowl combine all the dressing ingredients. Blend well. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients, except the cashews. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Top with cashews just before serving.
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you!