Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dresser Revamp

So here she is...my first chalk paint project! I am really happy with how the dresser turned out, and loved using the chalk paint. I painted the dresser with the Paris Grey chalk paint and then painted the hardware with the old white. I distressed the dresser on some of the edges and used a clear wax to seal it. I love all of the little details of the dressers drawers and edging along the bottom! Now that I finished it I am kind of tempted to keep it...but I don't really have a place for it. So... the dresser will be available for purchase this weekend at the Vintage Market in Scottsdale!

5 comments:

  1. Well isn't this just pretty! I haven't ventured in chalk paint yet but I'm tempted to try it after seeing this. Is the chalk paint budget friendly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MillaMilla, the chalk paint is actually very expensive! It comes in quart sizes, but does go much farther then regular paint would. With the chalk paint you don't need to use primer and you usually only need One coat of paint. You also can apply the paint right to a varnished piece of furniture. So it saves on time. Some other advantages are that it is made to distress really easily and well. You just seal it with a wax. I am still learning a lot about it and have only painted a few things with it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That color is gorgeous, and the detailing on the top drawers is great. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!