We've been eating a lot of salad lately and I was wanting to make one that would be a little more filling, so we could eat it as a meal. I had never made a Cobb Salad before, but really liked how this one turned out. The homemade blue cheese dressing is by Emeril
and I like that it is a lighter dressing then a typical creamy blue cheese dressing. This recipe can also be easily doubled to feed more people.
- 1 head of bibb lettuce, washed, patted dry, and chopped.
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 5 strips of bacon, well cooked and crumbled
- 1 chicken breast, grilled and shredded (or sometimes I use a cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, about 3/4 cup shredded chicken)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 1/4 lb blue cheese
- salt and pepper
Mix the olive oil and lemon juice together, whisk in the blue cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use. Place the lettuce in a large bowl or on each plate. Top with the remaining ingredients. Mix the dressing well, pour over the salad and toss.
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you!