Thursday, June 23, 2011

SCD Peanut Butter Birthday Cake

It's Casey's Birthday tomorrow and I made him a Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) friendly cake. We've actually made this recipe before and it is pretty good! It is made with peanut butter of course! We love our peanut butter! I found the recipe on Pecanbread.com here. I doubled the cake recipe and divided the batter into two 9" round cake pans that were buttered. I also doubled the frosting recipe, but had quite a bit left over, so one batch would probably be plenty. I also used frosting between the two layers.

Here is the recipe that I used for two 9" rounds and one batch of frosting:

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups SCD peanut butter
  • 1 cup pure honey
  • 2/3 teaspoon baking soda
  • 4 eggs

Preheat oven at 300 degrees. Beat eggs, honey, and baking soda together. Then add the peanut butter and mix well. Divide the batter into two buttered 9" cake pans and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Frosting:
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup pure honey
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup SCD peanut butter

Cream the butter. Add honey and vanilla, mix well. Then add the peanut butter and beat until smooth.
Tip 
Junkie handmade projects

1 comment:

  1. What a great recipe! Would you come over to my party "Cast Party Wednesday" and share some of your recipes?
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!