Monday, November 28, 2011

Broccoli Pesto

I made this broccoli pesto last night and tossed it over orzo and steamed broccoli florets, then topped it with avocado slices, pine nuts and freshly grated Parmesan. It was soo yummy! The recipe came from a new cookbook I picked up at Anthropologie. It's called super natural every day by Heidi Swanson. There are lots of great healthy recipes in it, and I can't wait to try out more of them. This broccoli pesto is really simple to make and easy to toss over your favorite pasta.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of broccoli, blanched
  • 2 garlic cloves, peeled
  • 2/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
  • 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
  • 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup whole milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor, except the olive oil and milk. Once all the ingredients are in the food processor stream in the olive oil and milk while pulsing the other ingredients until smooth. The original recipe called for creme fraiche, however I did not have any so I just used whole milk. It came out great!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!