Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hot Cocoa in a Jar

 I recently made these jars with hot cocoa mix in them to sell at some holiday boutiques. I think they would make great gifts for teachers, neighbors, or friends and family. I tied some paper straws to the jar with twine and put a tag on each jar with the directions on the backside. There are lots of homemade hot cocoa mix recipes online, so you can try out different ones. When I made mine I didn't write down a recipe, but the next batch I make I will make sure to write down my recipe!

 I added mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows to half of the jars.

 Then I added crushed candy canes and mini marshmallows to the other jars to make a peppermint flavored hot cocoa. 





4 comments:

  1. very very pretty! they look amazing! i just want to drink one now:) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to try this! Has definitely made it onto the handmade gift list on pinterest! I think it would make a wonderfully festive gift teamed with the cinnamon popcorn :)

    http://pinterest.com/onuava/home-made-gift-ideas/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!