Monday, November 28, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn Mason Jar Gifts


Here is another mason jar holiday gift idea, great for neighbors, teachers, or friends and family. This cinnamon sugar popcorn recipe is amazing! I have shared the full recipe before here. I made up some of these jars for another holiday boutique and thought I would share the idea with all of you. They are really simple to make, here's what you'll need:
  • 8oz Mason jars
  • White popcorn kernels
  • Sugar
  • Cinnamon
  • Salt
  • Twine
  • Glittery card stock paper
  • small plastic bags to hold the cinnamon sugar mixture (you can find small ones at Hobby Lobby)
  • hole punch
  • paper cutter or scissors
  • printed label and directions (you can save my image below and insert into word doc)

You will place 1/2 cup of sugar into the bottom of each jar, then follow with 1/2 cup of the white popcorn kernels.  Place the lid on the jar and tighten. Measure out the cinnamon sugar mixture for each bag. You will need 4 tablespoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix it together and place in the small bag. Each jar makes about 7-8 cups of popcorn.
Next you can print the cinnamon sugar popcorn labels and write the directions on the back card stock. You can find the image that I used below. Just save and insert into a word document to print. You can drag the image smaller or larger depending on the size of the label you want to make. Then cut out the label and glue to the glittery card stock. Hole punch the corner of each label.
Next, hole punch two holes on each side of the top of the small bags and thread the twine through the holes and around the lid of the jar. You will also want to make sure to thread the twine through your label. Then you're done! Make sure to make a batch for yourself too, it will make a good snack for while you're filling the jars. :)






12 comments:

  1. This is awesome! It sounds so delish I might make it for myself instead of for gifts...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea!! I would love to get one as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a gifts in a jar post and this is another fantastic one I haven't seen before. The popcorn sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would make a great teacher gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! So exciting that Christmas is near. This is an awesome gift idea :)

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS Thanks for following -- I'm following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These popcorn variations sound great! I just made some triple Popcorn Gifts, and was looking for savory flavors.just did a gifts in a jar post and this is another fantastic one I haven't seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been looking for great ideas for food gifts to spotlight on Make and Takes. Would you mind submitting this post? I think the M+T readers would love this popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And, I forgot the link! http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait to try this! Has definitely made it onto the handmade gift list on pinterest!

    http://pinterest.com/onuava/home-made-gift-ideas/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jar Gifts is a awesome gift to give everyone thanks for share this i like this post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome! Are there any alternate cooking directions in case people don't have a whirlypop?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!