I really like this recipe for a number of reasons: it's easy, it's healthy, and Hudson loves them! They're pretty tasty and the wheat germ, bran, and flax seed add lots of nutritional value. I've also made these before without the unprocessed bran because I didn't have any in the house and they were still great.
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup unprocessed bran
- 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (about 16)
- Barbecue sauce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a food processor, combine wheat germ, bran, breadcrumbs, flax seed, Parmesan, onion and garlic powders, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; pulse to combine. Add oil; pulse to combine. Transfer crumb mixture to a large bowl.
- Set a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat eggs. Dip chicken in eggs (allowing excess to drip off), then dredge in crumb mixture, patting to adhere. Place on rack, and transfer to oven.
- Bake until chicken is opaque throughout, 12 to 14 minutes. Serve with barbecue sauce, if desired.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Baked Chicken Fingers - Martha Stewart Recipes
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you!