- 16 oz jar of marinara sauce or 2 cups of homemade marinara sauce.
- 1 lb of ground beef or turkey
- 36 wonton wrappers (find in the produce section of the grocery store, in the refrigerated section)
- 8-12 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Basil, for garnish (optional)
2. Brown your ground beef or turkey over medium high heat until browned. Add Salt and Pepper.
3. Cut wonton wrappers with a drinking glass or round cookie cutter.
4. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. First place a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, Ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese on top. Then top with some meat and marinara sauce. You can add the ingredients to your taste. I added about 1-2 teaspoons of the cheeses and about 1-2 tablespoons of the meat and sauce for each layer.
5. Repeat step 4 and once you end with the marinara sauce you will add more Parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top of each cupcake.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tins. Run a knife along the edges to loosen.
8. Garnish with basil and serve.
Have you seen the lasagna soup on Pinterest? I made it yesterday and it was SO yummy!! These look yummy too... the kids would like them! Who doesn't like something with the word 'cupcake' in it?ReplyDelete
Those look super yummy! And too cute, to boot!ReplyDelete
WOW! Love these Katelyn! Everyone in my family would love these, and I could easily make a vegetarian version for my hubby! I would be honored if you would share it on my Recipe of the Week #2 PASTA post! There is a gift card giveaway ;) Hope come join in the fun!ReplyDelete
PS... thanks for making me super hungry at 9:00am i the morning! HA :)