- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving (3 limes)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package firm tofu, drained, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
- Vegetable oil
- Sesame oil
- Coarse salt
- 5 tablespoons roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped plus more for garnish
Soak the rice noodles according to package instructions. Whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat about 1 teaspoon vegetable oil. Add eggs and cook until just set, then transfer eggs to a cutting board and cut into pieces. Next add some vegetable oil and and a little bit of sesame oil to the pan and heat. Add the tofu and cook until golden brown. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
Next add a little more of both oils to the skillet with the carrots, garlic, and scallion whites. Cook until softened. Add the lime-juice mixture and bring to a simmer. Now toss in the noodles, eggs, and tofu until heated through. Place noodles onto plates and top with peanuts, cilantro, and scallion greens. Serve with lime wedges and garnish with extra cilantro.
*If you want it spicy you can add chili sauce such as Sriracha sauce to the lime-juice mixture.