Thursday, February 25, 2010

Robot Invitations

 
  
 

After much searching online for robot party invitations I decided to make my own for Hudson's birthday party. I ordered the rubber stamp that I used to make these invitations on Paper Source for $8.50. I bought the card stock, ink pad, embossing powder, and the embosser at Michaels with their coupons. It is really easy to emboss a stamp.

1. Press the rubber stamp into the ink pad and then onto the paper.
2. Sprinkle the embossing powder onto the paper, so that the powder covers all of the wet ink.
3. Pour the excess embossing powder onto a piece of paper or in a tray.
4. Turn on the embosser and hold about two inches from the stamp moving it back and forth until the powder has melted.

I used a blue ink for both stamps that I put on the invitations. However, for the robot on the invitation I used a transparent embossing powder that gives the robot a smooth shine. For the robot that I stamped onto the envelope I used a blue glittery embossing powder.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he's already going to be two!! I feel like we were just at his 1st birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!