Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Halloween Bat Craft

 I made this Halloween Bat this morning with Hudson. It is made from a recycled egg carton. I found the idea on Pinterest here via Enchanted Learning. I know Halloween is still over a month away, but I am kind of over Summer and ready for Fall! Hudson also keeps telling me "I am SO excited for Halloween!!!"...So I thought we would make something "Halloweenish" today since he has a bit of a wait ahead of him! You will need:
-Egg carton
-Ribbon
-Glue

Here is how we made ours:

 Start with an empty egg carton and cut the top and sides off so it looks like this.

Each egg carton can make 4 bats, so cut the carton into sections like this. You will need to trim the backs down so that it can sit flat.

Next cut out  each side to make the bats wings. Then spray paint each bat black.

 Now that the bat has dried you child can help with this part. Have you child place glue on the backs of the eyes and place them onto the bats face.

 Make a small hole in the top of the bat's head and have your child push the ribbon through the hole. Tie a couple knots to keep the ribbon from pulling through. And you're done! Now you can hang the bat somewhere in the house as a Halloween decoration. 


8 comments:

  1. That is adorable--my kids and I wil have to make some of these! Thanks for sharing--your son is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cute! I'm always looking for crafts that my 3 year old and his friends can make at our weekly crafting playdate...this is definitely going on the agenda! Pinning it now. :) Your son is adorable!

    amy
    oneartmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. To cute. My 5 year old wants to make a bat for Halloween. This would be perfect and EASY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea! I would love to feature this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Thanks!

    http://reuseandupycle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Normally I wouldn't call a bat cute but I love this! If you get a chance I would love for you to link this up to my party, The Creative Spark. It starts tonight. Thanks for sharing - I pinned this!
    Jenn :)
    www.cleanandscentsible.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful idea! Love it so much! I guess my boy will definitely like that craft. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this. I did this with my kids this year. I linked to your post in my blog post about it. :) Have a great week! http://www.laurascraftylife.com/2012/10/egg-carton-bats.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!