Saturday, May 28, 2011

Grapefruit Mojitos


 
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 cup fresh grapefruit juice, plus slices for garnish
  • 4 limes juiced into mixture, plus 1 more for garnish
  • 10-15 mint leaves
  • 6 TBS sugar - fine
  • 8 oz rum 
Directions:

Bring the water to a boil on the stove top or in the microwave. Stir in the sugar until dissolved and then add the mint leaves. Let the mixture cool. Juice your limes and grapefruit and pour into a pitcher. Add the rum and the simple syrup mixture. Add sliced limes, grapefruit, and mint leaves to garnish. I tend to make my drinks a bit weaker then most people may like, so you can add more rum if you please! :) I doubled this recipe to make a pitcher full.


1 comment:

  1. you had me at mojito. I've got my eye on my mint buds out front and can't wait to devour a glass or two or three of mint mojitos. I love grapefruit, too, so I'll have to give this a try!

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!