Saturday, May 28, 2011

Chalkboard Labeled Glasses

When I came across a picture of glasses with chalkboard labels the other day I knew I had to make some. I saw the picture here at Adrianne Elizabeth Events, the picture also inspired me to make some grapefruit cocktails. I love the label idea, and whenever you're at a dinner party everyone is always trying to figure out which glass is theirs. I bought three 4-packs of glasses at Target for about $3.50 for each set.
First I used painter tape to make rectangles on the center of the glasses. You could measure them so they are all even, but I just estimated.
Spray paint the glasses and let them dry.
Once they dry pull back the tape and you're done. I hand washed my glasses with warm soapy water and the labels held up great. Not sure how they would do in the dishwasher.


5 comments:

  1. Love these glasses! So creative and useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a brilliant idea- LOVE it! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for the contact paper version of this. I never thought to use the paint! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really appreciate you linking up this fantastic post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Hope you'll continually share your creativity with us at the weekly party :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I really love the idea, and is actually thinking of this as prospective interior design for my future room haha, May I ask what paint are you using? or is it just the normal one(s)? Thank you for sharing ^^

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!