Saturday, May 28, 2011

Chalkboard Labeled Glasses

When I came across a picture of glasses with chalkboard labels the other day I knew I had to make some. I saw the picture here at Adrianne Elizabeth Events, the picture also inspired me to make some grapefruit cocktails. I love the label idea, and whenever you're at a dinner party everyone is always trying to figure out which glass is theirs. I bought three 4-packs of glasses at Target for about $3.50 for each set.
First I used painter tape to make rectangles on the center of the glasses. You could measure them so they are all even, but I just estimated.
Spray paint the glasses and let them dry.
Once they dry pull back the tape and you're done. I hand washed my glasses with warm soapy water and the labels held up great. Not sure how they would do in the dishwasher.


  1. Love these glasses! So creative and useful!

  2. this is a brilliant idea- LOVE it! thanks for sharing!

  3. I've been looking for the contact paper version of this. I never thought to use the paint! Thanks for the idea!

  4. Really appreciate you linking up this fantastic post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Hope you'll continually share your creativity with us at the weekly party :)

  5. Hey, I really love the idea, and is actually thinking of this as prospective interior design for my future room haha, May I ask what paint are you using? or is it just the normal one(s)? Thank you for sharing ^^


I'd love to hear from you!