Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Kids Paper Chain Craft

Hudson and I made a paper chain to hang up in his playroom. He got his first scissors a little while ago and wants to cut up paper all day long. So I've been trying to think of what we can do with cut up paper. I helped him cut straight lines by drawing lines on the paper for him to follow. Then we made a pattern with the different colors. Hudson helped find the colors we needed, while I stapled the papers together. He used his fine motor skills while cutting with the scissors, practiced his colors by finding each one we needed, and learned to follow the pattern of alternating colors that we created.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made one of these in YEARS - I remember this was a classic craft to do as a child - and have yet to do with Henry - maybe when he's just a little bit older, it'll be good scissors practice!

    Thanks so much for linking up to
    It's Playtime this week! I hope to see more great play ideas from you!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!