Monday, May 23, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 frozen sliced bananas
  • 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (I buy mine at Sprouts)
  • 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup of ice
Place all of the ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Makes 1 to 2 servings. Taste like a milkshake! You can slice your ripened bananas and store in a freezer zip lock baggie in the freezer.




Want to make this smoothie a little healthier? 
Once you have added all of your ingredients fill the rest of the blender with fresh organic baby spinach! About 3-4 cups! It hardly changes the taste of the smoothie, but packs it with antioxidants,  vitamin A  (especially high in lutein), vitamin E, vitamin K, magnesium, folate, betaine, iron, vitamin B2, calcium, potassium, vitamin B6, folic acid, and omega-3 fatty acids. It is a great way to get you and your kids loaded up on their greens! Hudson loves drinking these for breakfast, tastes like peanut butter and bananas and he thinks the green color is fun!


 I added 1/2 -1 tablespoon of raw cacoa to this one. It made the green color a little darker. I found my raw cacoa at Whole Foods. Raw Cacoa is a great source of antioxidants, iron, and magnesium.

5 comments:

  1. Is this the smoothie you had before I came over?? :) If only I would have gotten there sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is, you'll just have to come over again so I can make you one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! So glad I stumbled across your blog! To think, I was looking for pictures of Bobby Pins, and stumbled across Domestic Charm for some awesome ideas! Thanks Katelyn! I'll be a frequent visitor for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw on a cooking show once you can freeze your bananas if you're not going to eat them before the become overripe and use them in smoothies like this - reduces the need for ice too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!