Saturday, May 14, 2011

Graduation Cap Cake Pops

I needed to come up with a cute cake idea for a graduation party for my Sister-in-law and Father-in-law; who both just graduated with their Master's degree! When I saw these graduation cake pops on Bakerella's site I knew I had to try making them! The real work behind these was trying to track down all of the supplies and candy to make them. You'll need the following:

Prepare your cake according to the directions on the box or recipe, let cool and crumble into fine pieces in a large bowl. Stir in about 1 cup of frosting until cake is sticking together. I usually don't use the whole container. Roll cake into small balls that will fit into your candy cup molds and refrigerate until chilled.
Microwave your candy melts following the direction on the bag and pour into a plastic squeeze bottle. Squeeze a small amount into each square mold and tap the container on the counter to make sure they are even. Place in the freezer to set.
Now squeeze some of the candy melts into each of the candy cup molds and push the cake balls down into the melted candy. Try to make sure the cake balls are level with the top of the tray.
Next squeeze the candy melts over top of the cake balls and push the lollipop sticks in. Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes to set.
Remove the squares from the freezer and pop out of the molds by pushing up from the bottom of the tray. Use and small amount of the candy melts to attach the squares to the tops of the cake pops once they have set. Then you can use the candy melts to also fasten the candy tassels and M&M's


2 comments:

  1. these look great! I'm doing some for a co-worker next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alex, Once I tracked down all of the needed ingredients, candy, and molds, I had fun making them! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!