Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ice Cream Pie

This is an easy dessert that you can make from store bought pie crust and ice cream. It is made with a chocolate pie crust, chocolate chip ice cream, homemade chocolate sauce, toasted almonds and a warm berry sauce. This recipe is from Bon Appetit. You can easily switch up this recipe by changing the pie crust, choosing a different flavor of ice cream, or adding different toppings.
Let your ice cream soften at room temperature before spooning it into the pie crust.
Spoon the ice cream into the pie crust.
You can easily use Hershey's chocolate syrup for this next step, I just didn't have any in the house so I made my own. Find the recipe below or click here.
Squeeze straight lines across the pie. If you do this step while the ice cream is still soft (i did not) you can take a knife and drag it in alternating directions to form a chevron pattern. I poured my chocolate sauce on once my pie had already set so I just added more chocolate lines.
Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of toasted almonds, sliced. Place in the freezer until ready to serve. You can make this pie the day before and just keep in the freezer.
Now combine 6 oz of blueberries, 6 oz of raspberries, 6 oz blackberries, 2 tablespoons of water, and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar in a saucepan over medium high heat. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 4 minutes.
Let the pie soften slightly before serving, cut into slices and spoon warm sauce over top.

5 comments:

  1. Delicious! Thanks for sharing your easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Blue Cricket! That looks so yummy! I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE ice cream! We'd love for you to come link up at THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS "Summer BBQ Dishes". Please come on over and share this wonderful recipe!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/05/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drooling here! So delicious sounding. I'll have to make one just to make sure you're not posting something that isn't good. hehehe.

    I'm a new GFC follower from Blue Cricket Design.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!