Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wedding Craft Party








One of my friends is getting married in just a few weeks and we gathered a bunch of the girls together to help her assemble some of her DIY wedding projects. We assembled her centerpieces; which are branches she found in a tree grove with tiny yellow silk flowers glued onto them. Those turned out really great, however I forgot to get a picture of them. The other project wasn't such a success; however we are going to give it another go. We attempted to make a doily lamp that can be found here at More Design Please. I think where we went wrong was using Mod Podge instead of wall paper glue like the tutorial said to. We thought it would be the same thing, but when I popped the balloon the doilies all stuck to the balloon. We still had a great time hanging out and crafting together. We had grapefruit mojitos, you can get the recipe below or here. I made chocolate covered oreos, strawberry whoopie pies, cake pops, and popcorn. 
Tip 
Junkie handmade projects

4 comments:

  1. Im so glad that im not the only one that made the mod podge mistake on this, mine failed miserably! I read another alternative to the walpaper glue is a mixture of school glue, corn starch and water. Im excited to see if this works better, although i will have to be more patient this time and wait the 24-48 hrs like it suggests lol.. Thanks so much for all your fun ideas, I love visiting your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog. I love the pops. I am definitely going to have to try those. You come up with cute ideas. I have actually just started a blog. If you would like to follow it is for.the.luv.of.blogspot.com
    And I will be following you.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So for anyone that has tried and failed making the doily lamp...use sugar water instead of mod podge or wall paper paste. 3 cups of sugar mixed into 1 cup of water. Lay down trash bags underneath of the balloons while they hang to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good friend you are!! the chocolate covered Oreos sound to die for!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!