Friday, May 6, 2011

DIY Hooded Towel

Follow the simple instructions below to make a hooded towel from a bath towel and a hand towel.
You will need one towel and one hand towel, however you will only use half of the hand towel. So you could make two hooded towels if you buy a second towel.
Find the center of the hand towel and cut it in half.
Next center the cut hand towel with the larger towel.
Pin it into place and sew along the edge.
Fold the towel in half so that the side that will eventually be the inside of the hooded towel is facing out.
Pin the top of the hand towel and sew along the edge.
Turn the towel right side out and you are done. I plan on making Hudson and Max matching towels, so I think I will go back and add their names to the towels or their initials. I've been wanting to make Hudson one of these for a while. I first saw the idea when my friend Fallon made one. Hudson loves bundling up to keep warm after his bath or swimming, but most of his bath towels are so small. I love that this hooded towel is big enough to cover all of him.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the simple instructions! I made this for my nephew in 15 minutes: can't beat that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen two other tutorial & it has you pinning, tucking & sewing forever just to get the same shape hood that you've created so easily...I knew there had to be an easier way. Definately pinning this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this last night really quickly... And then added some trim and other girls junk because its for my daughter. Awesome instructions, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was great! Thank you!! I just made 3 for gifts and after the first time I didn't even need look at the directions. I also trimmed the top edge with ribbon and it still was easy and didn't take too long. Thank you for this great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!