Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pie Pops

When I saw this idea over at Bakerella I was anxious to try it. I love the idea of putting food on a stick, somehow it just makes it more fun and really cute. These are really easy to make and you can use your favorite pie filling, even one from a can to make it really simple. I made a pie filling that originally comes from a Pillsbury recipe that you can find here. However I cut the recipe down so there isn't as much filling, but I still had some extra leftover. You can find the filling recipe I used below.

 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and prepare your pie filling.

 I used the box of pre-made Pillsbury pie crust. Roll the pie crust out on a floured surface and use a cookie cutter to cut out your desired shape. I was able to make 19 pie pops from both 9 inch pie crusts that come in the box. However you will have scraps that you can roll back out to cut out more circles if you want to make more then that.

Place the circles on a cookie sheet leaving room for the sticks and gently press the sticks (find them in the baking isle of a craft store) into the dough.
Now spoon about 1 Tablespoon or less of the pie filling onto the center of the circles.
Take another circle and place it on top of the other and press the edges down using an extra stick. Now brush the tops of the pie pops with egg whites and place in the oven for about 12 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool.



Pie Filling:
(Mix all of the ingredient together in a large bowl)
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup corn syrup
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup walnuts
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  •  Oats and Honey granola bars (1 pack, 2 bars)
  • 2 tablespoons oats
  • 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips

    6 comments:

    1. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing them on TipJunkie so I could find them!

      ReplyDelete
    2. has to be one of the cutest things I have seen in a while.
      GREAT idea.

      ReplyDelete
    3. These are so so so cute!!! I love the twist on the cake pop .. I never would've thought of doing a pie pop!

      ReplyDelete
    4. these are absolutely brilliant! I desperately want to try and make them. they look so good and again, adorable!!!

      kathryn
      www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    5. I pinned that! what a fun idea.
      new follower here from www.myhappilyeverafteragain.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    6. These are most definitely crying out to be made into Festive Mince Pie Pops once December rolls round!

      Thank you so much!

      ReplyDelete

    I'd love to hear from you!